Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

M is For MSM

The theme for the
A-Z Challenge is
Aging into Longevity.

MSM (Methyl Sulfongl
Methane)

To me, MSM has
always been kind of
a "strange duck" as a
medical helper. It's
an off-shoot of DMSO
in a crystallized form. MSM is to joints and flexibility,
as the oil can was to the tin man.

I have a jar of MSM sitting on my herb shelf but I
don't use it very often. I just forget. It works wonders
in relieving arthritis pain. It goes right to town on the
build-up of calcium crystals in the joints of arthritic
conditions, bursitis and inflammation. MSM is one of
 the great re-discoveries and I should remember to use it
when those "Itis" boys come around. lol

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info! I'm going to pass this on to someone I know and love who suffers from lots of "it is"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie
      I hope this is what is needed.
      The itis boys are little annoying weasles.,
      especially that Arthur.

      Delete
  2. Some visitors are just never welcome. The Itis boys qualify. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosey
      I don't ever want to see that Arthur again.

      Delete
  3. Hi Manzanita .. how interesting to read about .. and I did know about it - but now you're highlighting it to remind me again .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hilariy
      I keep forgetting about this one, too.

      Delete
  4. I think I just might try this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. joeh
      Is Arthur giving you a merry chase, too.

      Delete
  5. I have tried the pills with out much luck but I know many who swear by it. Maybe I need to try the other form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti
      Yes some people I know woudn't live without it but I forget to use it and it sits on the shelf

      Delete
  6. Seems like an -itis finds us all eventually.... Good to know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin
      I hope they miss you as you have enough to think about with your headaches.

      Delete
  7. All I could think of when I first saw this was "Mainstream Media." Then, I wondered how that could affect your longevity.
    Then, I read the whole thing. Okay, that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The itis sure can suck. I tried to before but it kinda, maybe sorta set me to the loo lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm learning a lot, Manzi! I need to keep a jar of MSM for my knee hinges. Maybe it'll keep them from popping out when I walk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard that drinking a tea of apple cider vinegar and honey in hot water does good for the arthritis too. I used to drink it daily, I'll start again now the weather is cold.

    ReplyDelete